live bird feeder

Watch live streaming video from cornellfeeders at livestream.com

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Little munchkins

Little munchkins were let out of the nest recently and if they were in our yard the entire time ...they were very quiet. Mama dropped them off here because it's about as safe as you can get. There are 4 of them. One litter last year was 6. I don't publicize these numbers to neighbors because some of them go nuts. Just like we keep alligator sightings to ourselves. Before you know it trappers are here if you do that.

The vinyl fence in our yard is a great big playpen for them. They have a half dozen different feeders to get into, and they have a bunch of different trees to climb for coordination building. Since we mainly only have seeds right now around us because our oak trees are too young yet, I stopped on my way home this morning and picked acorns off the ground for a little treat. I hope they like them. If they do, I'll keep collecting them.